Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Littlest Things


Sometimes it's just a snack. One of these overpriced squeeze-fruit snacks puts Silas in a happy mood no matter how cranky he is. Mini Snickers bars have the same effect on me. (Oh, how Halloween has ruined me.)



Sometimes it's forcing yourself to get outside, even if the weather isn't perfect. I will never get tired of watching my kids' excitement over the simplest things - like leaves and bugs. 


Sometimes its being taken by surprise by your husband pausing his work for a minute, JUST to come over and give you a great big kiss.


Sometimes its a random text from a friend, letting you know they love and miss you. I am so very thankful for faithfully texting, loving friends! They make a girl feel less alone.

A favorite song popping up on the radio while driving in the car...

A baby laying his head on your lap for the head scratch he knows you'll give him...

The first sip of coffee in the morning...

Receiving a genuine smile from a stranger...

The secret pleasure and peace that comes with feeling every baby kick...

As I get older the more I realize how surprising it is that the littlest things bring the biggest joys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!