Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Random, Rambling Post


^^ Cute little boats docked at the park. ^^


^^ Always dancing. ^^


^^ Sweet husband. ^^


^^ These two love to wrestle. Aaaand someone always ends up in tears. ^^


^^ Those chairs were the BEST Craigslist find ever! I have to stop myself from squealing each time I walk by them. ^^


^^ Can never get enough of the tulips. ^^

I am tired. But what else is new?

Last night we were out until almost 9PM cleaning at church with our small group. We cleaned every single surface of the nursery, (and I mean down to every single toy.) This morning I put off getting out of bed until I absolutely had to, with both my girls snuggled under the covers with me. It was nice.

Today I got spacers put in my teeth. They'll be in a for a week, and then next Thursday I'll get the actual braces put in. 18 months. It didn't sound like that long of a treatment time, but then I realized in 18 months Oona will be practically 2 years old! Finishing out my 20s with a mouth full of metal makes me wince a bit. I know it will be worth it, though. It's finally time. My crooked teeth have been such a major source of insecurity for me, through all my awkward teenage years and through all the major events life brought me in my twenties - college, wedding, babies... I've grown so accustomed to smiling with my mouth closed that to smile with my teeth showing feels totally unnatural. I am so grateful to finally have the opportunity to change that! 

Yoga. I recently jumped into a 6 week beginners series at the studio down the street from me and I love it. In just three weeks my body is moving easier, my mind is clearer and I'm sleeping better. Growing and birthing three babies changes everything, and I mean everything, but yoga is teaching me how wonderfully strong and adaptable our bodies are. My favorite part of class: the 10 minute meditation at the beginning where we work on calming our thoughts and emptying our minds. It has been so good for me. 

Olive and I are studying the gospel of Matthew together. It's such a precious time to me. I would like to say we do it every single day, but that doesn't always happen. We try to make the opportunities when Silas and Oona are napping (at the same time - hah, there's the rub!) count. She has so many questions. How DO you explain the trinity and baptism to a precocious 5 year old? She challenges me in good ways.

Matt had a meeting this morning and brought me back an iced coffee. I got halfway through it and had to go tend to the baby's diaper. Came back and iced coffee was missing. Seconds later I realize Silas is also missing (of course.) He was under the table chugging my unsweetened iced coffee like there was no tomorrow! Such a weirdo!

Oona is a roller. She seriously can (and will) roll across the room. She had her 4 month appointment yesterday and now weighs in at 17.2 lbs. All muscle. ;)

I have such a to do list. It starts at basic things that really need to be done (like laundry, and cleaning the bathroom,) to other things like, learn to weave and painting the office and hanging pictures up and reading an actual book again for the first time in I can't remember how long. I'll feel really accomplished if I get half of that laundry done before the weekend. The rest is going to have to wait. And I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!