Sunday, October 19, 2014

Worn // Dressing Room Adventures


Dress: Cherokee / Boots: Passed down from my sister

I haven't done one of these in a long time. Yes, they're silly and self-indulgent, but since I love seeing what other people are wearing around the internets, I occasionally (maybe once a year, ha) like to do a little "what I wore" post too. (You know, just to shake things up once in a while in case you start getting sick of looking at pictures of my kids and fall leaves!)

I'm going to just be honest here and state that I love clothes. I love how confident I feel when I am wearing something that makes me feel pretty. I love experimenting with styles and shapes and colors. I've been thinking a lot lately about loving clothes, though, and whether or not it's a good thing. I guess I've come to believe it's fine and well to enjoy getting dressed and caring about your appearance, but I do recognize it's an area that I can easily obsess over and being too focused on it is definitely a bad thing (for me.) So somewhere a line needs to be drawn to protect my mind and my spirit, and it's hard to know where to draw that line. I am really fascinated by the idea of capsule wardrobes, and paring down my closet to just the things I really need and love. While I don't have a very large wardrobe, I definitely have more than I need. 

I had a little fun today trying on some out-of-my-comfort-zone pieces at Target, like a blazer (loved it!) and a tuxedo-style white shirt (which unfortunately showed off my permanent baby bump a little too prominently. Oof.)




I didn't buy anything this time, but it was fun just trying some new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!