Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blues


I am tired of this winter. I am tired of snow and days on end without sunshine. I am tired of this hard, albeit temporary time of still not being 100% back to my old self. I am tired of being tired...

After every birth I have a little bout with the "baby blues." With Olive and Silas it presented itself more as anxiety, but this time around I just cry. A lot. It embarrasses me. It makes me want to stay far away from people, even my husband and kids. And there's not anything even wrong - that's what makes it so frustrating. It's all so weirdly physical and out of my control. Part of me wants so much to be able to talk it all out, either to friends/family or even here on my own little personal soap-box-of-a-blog, but it's all so awkward, isn't it? Anyway, it's hard for me to be creative when I'm in a bit of a funk, so this space may be dull for little while.

On a lighter note...

We've followed this recipe maybe a few too many times this month? THE best use for snow. :)

Speaking of snow, this picture of Michigan is pretty amazing! 

I could (should!) devote a whole post to these jeans. I live in them, and they make me feel great. I am waiting for another sale so I can add these to my collection. What an amazing color.

Does anyone else not so secretly love shopping the mens section at Target? This tee and this tee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!