Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meanwhile


While it's been quiet on this silly blog...

// My baby sister has been visiting from NC! So cool to have both my sisters here with me. 

// The weather has been annoying and weird and just really cold. Well, cold for August anyway. I love autumn-ish temps, but is summer really over already? Please say no, Michigan. I'm just not ready.

// We made concrete plans to make a trip back to WV to visit family, friends and take a brief "babymoon" in DC. So very excited!

// All of us are having serious allergy issues this week. I don't know what the culprit is that's blooming/pollinating around here right now, but I kind of hate it.

// We re-watched season one of the "I.T. Crowd" with my sisters this week and that show will never, ever fail to make me laugh to tears. 

// We played Wits and Wagers with the girls last night and I am so not good at that game, but it was fun to play. We used to play games all the time, but now in my ripe old age I usually just want to crash in bed with an "Inspector Morse" episode.

// Speaking of "Inspector Morse" - what's up with all the sleazy older ladies on that show? Offering Morse cocktails in their bathrobes and curlers? And what's Morse even thinking calling on these women to question them after dark instead of during normal working hours? These are the questions that (barely) keep me from falling asleep halfway through every episode.

// This nailpolish is a really, really good one. 

// I went from hardly showing to just, huge, in literally the past few days. So when I found a pair of petite length skinny maternity jeans yesterday (not easy to find) I caved and bought them and gosh are they the most comfortable things ever.

// Olive is really into the old "Davey and Goliath" shows right now and is constantly humming the tune of "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God." 

// Silas is just constantly hungry. And whiny. (I hate teething time!) But he's also occasionally still very cuddly and snuggly, so all's well.

// I'm really enjoying this cookbook. The chili recipes are gooooood. (I always crave chili when it's cold.) The book is specifically written with those with multiple food sensitivities in mind. Most are gluten, dairy and egg free!

// Speaking of cravings, mine have taken a turn for the worse. Greek chili dog, anyone? This baby - I have a feeling he/she is going to be quite a character.

// Speaking of the baby - kicking is it's new favorite thing and it does a lot of it now, especially when I'm trying to go to sleep. We find out if it's a girl or a boy very soon!

// Also, when did the process of choosing a name for the baby turn from the most fun part of pregnancy to the most stressful? I think we may have settled on a first name for a boy and a girl but no middle names. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!