Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Today






Today I am proud.
Proud that I got in the car by myself (with Olive) and made myself drive to the food store.
(Have I ever told you that I'm terrified of driving in new places? Especially on busy roads?)
(Oh, well I am.)

And I survived without getting lost or in an accident!
(Unless you count when I hit the mailbox backing out of the garage. I don't.)

Olive and I also checked out this HUGE consignment shop called "The Hive." It was super
cute, and they had great children's merchandise, but I was a little disappointed with the adult section.
Also, the employees weren't the friendliest.
And Olive had to use the bathroom every 5 minutes.

But we did it - we went out alone and everything was fine 
and my confidence may have gone up just a tiny notch.

Also today, I worked on the ridiculously hard puzzle Matt and I started last night.
I searched online and via phone for a doctor in Holland for hours, with no luck.
(3-8 month wait times for new patients! I kid not!)
I also made an appointment to have my poor piano tuned this Saturday.
(The tuner had the thickest Michigan accent I've heard since arriving.)
Oh, and I made brownies. 
All in all a pretty good day.

xox




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!