Thursday, August 23, 2012

That Moment...


That moment, when you stay up reading Twilight under your sheets until 1a.m. by the light of your iPhone, and your baby wakes up ready to party at 6a.m...

That's the moment it hits you that you are old. Too old for all this nonsense!

Also, I cannot describe how embarrassing it was when Matt caught me engrossed in my book yesterday and asked what I was reading. The conversation went something like this:

M: So, what are you reading?

J: (In a voice that's almost a shriek) Do NOT look at what I am reading Matt. DO NOT LOOK!

M: (With the smirk) What? Oh no, you're not reading that stupid vampire book are you?

J: (Silence.)

M: Oh my gosh you are. (Smirk gets nastier.)

J: GO AWAY!

Sigh.

The moral of this story - get Twilight out of your system before you're married with children, and save some self respect. If that isn't possible, think preemptively and make a fake book jacket for your Twilight book.

And if you can't do any of that, all I can say is be prepared for some nasty smirks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!