Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ketchup


It is seriously time to catch up. What is wrong with me? You won't believe it, but I do think about this blog every single day, and yet have the hardest time sitting down to work on it.

Granted, I have little time to even sit lately. (An early wake up and thus early nap time has given me an opportunity today - but the struggle between blogging and laying down to take a quick nap or read from my already over due library book before picking Olive up from school was real.) This has been a busy spring. The days just fly by. The good thing is, where as a couple of months ago the busyness felt overwhelming and awful - now it just feels normal, and pretty good. 

Where to begin... Well, last weekend I took a really fast, spontaneous trip up to Boston to visit some family there, and attend my cousin's baby shower. (She's expecting TWINS soon!)


I got to help make cupcakes the night before - aren't they cute?


Back home in Holland, things are warming up...slowly, of course. These Michigan winters know how to keep us in line, so that when March comes around, all rainy and freezing at 40F, we're just so happy about it because at least the snow is all gone and we don't have to wear 101 layers to prevent losing limbs to frostbite!


^ This was last week - all that snow is finally gone now. Hello mud! ^


^ The tulips are coming! ^


If you have been wanting a Silas update: he keeps himself busy splashing in every mud puddle he sees in spite of my screams, and has to be watched every second or else he's liable to sneak into the bathroom and throw ALL my makeup into the toilet. He also has decided that holding my hand is much too beneath him, and insists he can hold his own hand now (as seen above.) He might be getting a leash for his birthday.



And if you were wanting an Oona update, well, the news isn't much better. She has literally put several prominent gray hairs on my head, front-and-center, in the last two months. She refuses to practice walking, but is an expert climber, and enjoys scaring Matt and I to death. She is a gate-climber, stairway-tumbler, houseplant eater, toilet splasher extraordinaire! Thankfully she is also an amazingly good cuddler, and a sneaky coffee drinker (which isn't really a virtue, but it is hilarious, and I am totally framing that picture of her chugging the remnants of Matt's americano. My baby is hardcore, and I have no idea where she came from.)

Lest you think I'm forgetting my oldest, never fear - Olive is great, she just wouldn't let me get a picture of her this week. She seems so easy now, with the bulk of my day being spent chasing the "terrible two" left and right. She's doing so well in school, and we're really proud of her. She has a music program coming up, and a fun field trip, and can't talk about anything except her upcoming birthday next week. (She is hoping for a big Legos Friends set, as she reminds me 100 times a day.) I'd say she was a perfect child, except for the non-stop fights with Silas, melting down into screams and tears when I ask her to eat anything she doesn't particularly like, and her ability to lose her mittens every single morning we are running late to school. But other than those things, she really is pretty perfect. :) 

Fascinating stuff, I know. I feel very old and boring lately, but am thankfully too busy to waste much time sulking about it. 

I will hopefully be back sooner than later with something better than this, but it's time to pick up Olive at school so my time's up for the day. Over and out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!