Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Peeks of the Weekend

 Last Saturday we drove up to OH to visit Matt's family over Labor Day weekend.

We got to spend some special time with this guy on the way up, since my mother in law
took Olive up with her on Thursday.




Travel comforts - a cup of Starbucks and the September issue of Vogue. 
(Can you believe I got through the whole thing over the 6 hour drive? And I didn't even get car sick!)


 Reunited with Olive!
I missed her so, so much.
But she was having so much fun with cousins that I don't think she missed us at all.


Ok, she might have missed Daddy a little bit. Daddy is her favorite.
And I'm ok with that.


 She had so much fun with cousins, aunts and uncles that she was sound asleep
before we even got out of my in-laws' driveway.
And this kid NEVER sleeps in the car.
EVER!

We stopped in Morgantown, WV on the way home.
We stayed at a great hotel (The Euro Suites. Totally recommend it if you ever have to be in MoTown.)


 Silas mastered the art of sitting up by himself.
And I realized that he is growing way too fast and that I do not like it one little bit.


We had a good breakfast Monday morning.
Cracker Barrel has surprisingly good coffee.
And really good parfaits.


2 of my siblings live/go to school in Morgantown.
It was a lot of fun to hang out with them for a bit.


And now we're back home and trying to get back into the swing of things.
And unpacking...
(Which is the absolute worst part of any trip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!